We offer free, confidential, and sensitive support on matters of homophobia, transphobia and other forms of discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. If you are experiencing discrimination or harassment and you would like additional support, we encourage you to reach out to our staff. All students, faculty, librarians, and staff of the University’s tri-campus community are welcome.
When should I contact the SGDO?
Contact SGDO for:
- Advice and assistance on 2SLGBTQ+ related issues (e.g. coming out, name change policy, creating inclusive classroom or workplace environments, etc.)
- Confidential advice, information or assistance with concerns and/or complaints on 2SLGBTQ+ matters
- Questions about discrimination and/or harassment relating to sexuality, gender identity and/or gender expression and guidance on ways to respond or to seek resolution
- Reporting a concern or complaint
- Answers and information on any topic and issue related to sexual and gender diversity
- Invitations to provide trainings or workshops on equity or sexual and gender diversity
- Consultations on programming, equity initiatives or other related events
How will the SGDO assist me with my concern or complaint?
Members of the University of Toronto can speak confidentially to the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office staff, in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). There are some general exceptions to confidentiality, which can be discussed with an SGDO staff member when you meet.