Application Deadline: Friday, August 28, 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon)
Job ID : 167898
Work-Study Term: 2020 – 2021 Fall & Winter
Campus Location: St. George (Posting is open to U of T students on all campuses)
# of Vacancies: 1
Start Date: 09/07/2020
End Date: 02/19/2021
Maximum Hours Per Week: 15
Minimum Degree/Credential Level: None
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office is hiring a Program Assistant – Q21 Conversation Café for the 2020-2021 academic year. The Work Study position is open to all registered undergraduate and graduate students (i.e. domestic and international students). Read more to learn about full eligibility criteria: https://future.utoronto.ca/finances/financial-aid/work-study-program/
As the University monitors the situation regarding COVID-19 closely and takes action as necessary in light of the global situation, the work of those holding a work-study position with the SGDO will be conducted virtually unless conditions change. Students must be able to work remotely and have access to a reliable internet connection and computer. It is likely that no in-person meetings or events will take place during the length of the work-study term.
Eligible students are able to work a maximum of 15 hours per week, up to a total of 200 hours between September 8, 2020 and February 19, 2021. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office (SGDO) is the University of Toronto’s tri-campus resource for LGBTQ+ communities and information. As a part of the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office, you will work with students and staff members and play an active role in our programming and Office initiatives. The ideal student for this position would be committed to furthering their skills in community building, discussion facilitation and event administration by working to build the Q21: A Conversation Café and other equity initiatives on the St. George campus. (Learn more about the Q21 program: http://sgdo.utoronto.ca/programs/q21/.)
- Work with Program Coordinator to develop topics for weekly discussion
- Support the facilitation of Q21 discussions and events
- Facilitate at least one discussion per semester
- Promote student engagement in Q21 and support involvement of student and community facilitators
- Provide outreach and support for other events and office programs, as needed
- Provide referrals and information regarding sexual & gender diversity
- An engaged student who is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues
- Work or volunteer experience in at least one of the following:
- Event organizing
- Discussion facilitation
- Community building
- Student and university community outreach and promotions
- Ability to work independently as well as on teams and committees
- An interest in expanding personal knowledge of sexual and gender diversity issues at U of T
- An active contributor to address the needs of our communities through outreach and programming
- This position will require a regular weekly shift on Thursdays, 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Some weekend and evening shifts are required
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office is committed to prioritizing U of T’s equity principles in all aspects of our programming and services. We encourage students to apply for this position who will assist in expanding and diversifying LGBTQ+ student involvement at U of T. The Program Assistant will be a part of our team from September 8, 2020 – February 19, 2021 at $15 per hour.
Maximum hours: 200 hours overall. Approximately 5 – 15 hours per week, based on our work and your availability. For more information on work-study: http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/financial-aid/work-study-program/
Applications are due by Friday August 28, 2020 at 12:00pm (noon). Please attach a cover letter with your résumé, outlining relevant experiences and why you want to work with the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office. Submit your cover letter and résumé through the Career Learning Network Application module.