The SHINE ON series takes place March 8-22, 2021 and features Black queer artists working with different mediums. This series explores the connections between art, identity, and community building.
SHINE ON is presented by the University of Toronto Sexual & Gender Diversity Office in partnership with the Mark S. Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies, working closely with Michèle Pearson Clarke, the inaugural Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies Artist-in-Residence.
- Michèle Pearson Clarke (Writer, Educator, Photographer, Filmographer)
- Chiedza Pasipanodya, (Artist, Curator and Writer)
- Gordon Shadrach (Painter)
- Jah Grey (Photographer)
- Natalie Wood (Multimedia Artist and Curator)
SHINE ON Events:
- “All We Have is Each Other: A Conversation About Art and Community Building” Artist Panel Discussion (Mon. Mar. 8, 2-3 pm)
- “Black Queer Love: A Conversation About Art, Activism and Relationships” Community Discussion (Mon. Mar. 15, 2-3:30 pm) –> This event is meant for LGBTQ2S+ Black students, staff, faculty, and librarians
- “Activist Love Letters: A Workshop with Syrus Marcus Ware” (Mon. Mar. 22, 2-3 pm)