Please note that this event has passed.
Virtual Queer Orientation 2020 is took place across all three campuses September 21-26.
Queer Orientation (QO) is an annual week of LGBTQ2S-focused programming across all three campuses of U of T during the last week of September. QO is an opportunity for new and returning students, staff, faculty and librarians to make connections, engage in activities and have discussions related to LGBTQ2S+ communities. #UofTQO
2020 Virtual Queer Orientation was brought to you by a dedicated team of students and staff from over 20 U of T departments and student groups.
All of the event times listed below are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Monday, September 21:
- Virtual Launch: Pride Concert – A Queer, Trans, Two-Spirit Indigenous Showcase (12 pm)
- Tea Time with WiNC + Crafts! (Bring Your Own Tea) (2-4 pm)
- The Library is Open: Queer Orientation with the U of T Libraries (4-5 pm)
- The SGDO & Lead with Pride Present: Reflecting on Queer-Trans Indigenous People (QTIP) Experiences and Decolonization with Teddy Syrette (5:30-7:00 pm)
Tuesday, September 22:
- Zine Making 101: Make Your Own Quaranzine (3-4:15 pm)
- Rainbow Jews Welcome Event (4 pm)
- DocQmentary (5-7 pm)
- Gay!me On! (7-8 pm)
Wednesday, September 23:
- Anti-“O” Convos: Hot Topics – Faith and Queer Identity, A Queer, Muslim Perspective (12-1:30 pm)
- LGBTQ +unes: 2020 Summer Music Rewind (4-6 pm)
- Queer Orientation: Virtual Escape Room (6:20-8:00 pm)
- Queer* & Engineer: Meet & Greet (7:30-8:30 pm)
Thursday, September 24:
- Talking with Parents and Caregivers about Sexual and Gender Diversity in Children, Youth and Families – An Introduction (12-1 pm)
- Trans Mixer: Virtual Edition! (12-1:30 pm)
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt with Rainbow Trin (3-4:30 pm)
- SBA Film Screening (Animated Short Films) & Online Discussion (3:30-5:00 pm)
- Qu(e)erying Religion Drop-In Movie Night! (5-7 pm)
Friday, September 25:
- UTSC LGBTQ+ Mix and Mingle (12-1 pm)
- Queer & Trans Students of Colour Discussion: Racism & Revolution (2-4 pm)
- Qu(e)erying Religion: Meet & Greet (6:30-7:15 pm)
Saturday, September 26:
- AWM x WISE Game Jam (6-9 pm)
2020 Queer Orientation was brought to you by a dedicated team of students and staff from:
Association of Part-Time Undergraduate Students (APUS), Association for Women in Math (AWM), U of T Engineering Staff & Faculty, Equity Studies Student Union (ESSU), Family Care Office (FCO), Hart House, Multi-Faith Centre, Qu(e)erying Religion, QueerSphere, Rainbow Jews with Hillel UofT, Rainbow Trinity, Scarborough Campus OUT (SC:OUT), Sexual & Gender Diversity Office, SMCInclusive, Students for Barrier-Free Access (SBA), UTM Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Office, UTM Interfaith, University of Toronto Libraries, UTSC Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Office, Victoria College Students’ Administrative Council, Women in STEM and Engineering (WISE), Woodsworth Inclusive (WiNC).