Calling all 2SLGBTQ+ U of T students!
Are you interested in building connections, community, and skills with other 2SLGBTQ+ communities across the three University of Toronto campuses? Join us on October 29 and October 30, 2022.
Attend the 2022 Lead with Pride Conference: Your Future with Pride! Register Now.
What to expect from Lead with Pride:
The Lead with Pride conference is an annual convergence of 2SLGBTQ+ U of T student leaders and those interested in enhancing leadership opportunities for 2SLGBTQ+ U of T students. We know that leadership can take many forms within our University, colleges, faculties, communities, families, workplaces, and beyond. A leader is not only someone in front of a camera, at a podium, or leading an organization. People take leadership in all sorts of important and impactful ways within their daily lives. And, if anything, 2SLGBTQ+ know how to take leadership in ways that might be considered ‘outside of the box’.
We invite 2SLGBTQ+ students at U of T – St. George, Scarborough, and Mississauga- to converge and connect with one another, to build opportunities for collaboration, communication, and change work.
Lead with Pride: Your Future with Pride has been organized and planned by a committee made up of 2SLGBTQ+ students from all three U of T campuses.
What the conference looks like:
Saturday, October 29, 2022:
11am-3pm: Virtual workshops on Zoom
- We will explore what leadership looks like in the context of 2SLGBTQ+ communities. What do we imagine? Dream of? Hope for? We will create this space together!
- There will be several streams of workshops, taking place virtually on Zoom. These are interactive workshops by 2SLGBTQ+ students, for 2SLGBTQ+ students – more to come on the topics
- Participants can choose between workshops, move between ‘rooms,’ or choose to socialize in another virtual space if they need a break
4pm-6pm: Virtual social on Zoom
- The Lead with Pride planning committee has organized a social online in order to have a safer and accessible way for all participants to connect, get to know one another, play games, and talk about the issues that are important to them
Sunday, October 30, 2022
12pm-3pm: In-person social & student-alumni networking at Multi-Faith Centre, St. George Campus
- The Lead with Pride planning committee has organized an in-person networking and social event for 2SLGBTQ+ students and has also invited 2SLGBTQ+ alumni for a networking opportunity. The goal of this in-person event is for current students and recent alumni to have the space to meet, build networks, and learn from 2SLGBTQ+ alumni who are now working in a range of fields. Learning that there is no single way to be oneself in the professional world, we hope to present a range of possibilities for Your Future with Pride. Light snacks and refreshments will be included.
Apply to attend the 2022 Lead with Pride Conference
Registration for the conference will close on Oct 25, 2022.
Lead with Pride 2022 is proudly sponsored by U of T affinity partners:
Discover the benefits of affinity products: http://affinity.utoronto.ca/