Submit your workshop ideas to present at the 2022 Lead with Pride Conference: Your Future with Pride (October 29-30, 2022)
The 2022 Lead with Pride Committee* is looking for students and recent alumni with knowledge, tools, and experience to share with 2SLGBTQ+ students at U of T!
Apply by September 26, 2022: APPLY NOW – $120 honourarium available to those who are selected to host workshops.
Lead with Pride is a two-day community building and skill development conference, which will be taking place on Saturday, October 29th and Sunday, October 30th, 2022 (workshops will be on October 29 on Zoom). The goal of Lead with Pride is to continue to grow 2SLGBTQ+ leadership at U of T. Throughout the past, Lead with Pride has gathered hundreds of students, staff, alumni, and community members to engage in vital conversations around 2SLGBTQ+ leadership, to guide the implementation of anti-oppressive workspaces, self-care practices, and to learn tangible, hands-on skills to support student organizing and leadership.
The conference works towards developing a more inclusive and diverse 2SLGBTQ+ student community across the University of Toronto campuses. While we are absolutely prepared to welcome a wide range of ideas and topics, we have identified areas that we are especially interested in discussing more about this year:
- Interactive, group & arts-based activity workshops
- Building Trans and Nonbinary-Affirming Environments & Supporting Trans Communities at U of T
- Creating Inclusive Spaces for Queer and Trans Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (QTBIPOC)
- Accessing and Navigating Trans, Nonbinary and Queer Healthcare
- Navigating Identity in Academic and Professional Spaces
- Mental Health, Self-Care & Internal & Workplace Conflicts
- Challenging Privilege and Power within the 2SLGBTQ+ Community
Applications are open to all; we value all knowledge levels and skills. To pursue a peer-education model, we strongly encourage recent alumni and current students to apply. Applicants are asked to submit a workshop outline that emphasizes the interactive and participatory elements of the workshop. Additional support will be available to all facilitators prior to the conference. The suggested length of all workshops is 50 minutes. $120 honourarium for those selected.
The Committee will confirm your involvement no later than Oct 3, 2022.
Each selected facilitator will be required to meet one or two times with the Organizing Committee members during Oct 3 – Oct 23, 2022 in preparation for the conference, so that we may provide you with suggestions to better fit the style of the conference. The deadline for confirming the final version of the workshop is Oct 23, 2022.
If you have any questions about the conference or how to get involved, please email: email@example.com
*The Organizing Committee is co-chaired by student leaders, consisting of a group of students in partnership with the University of Toronto Sexual & Gender Diversity Office.
Accessibility Notes for Online Workshops:
- Language: the conversation will be in English
- Closed Captioning: Auto-generated captions which can be turned on and off will be utilized in this presentation
- Movement Involved: Through the event there will be multiple breaks for voluntary movement
- Participation Expectations: Participants will be invited to join in the conversation by unmuting themselves and speaking and/or typing in the chat. Participants are expected to participate in small group break out rooms. All camera use is voluntary
- Privacy: This event will not be recorded without the express permission of the participants. The chat will be downloaded by the facilitators for our own assessment purposes but will not be shared publicly
- Technology: The workshop/event will be available on Zoom and a link with password will be sent out upon registration and 24hours before the event. The conversation will use PowerPoint slides and accessible PDFs of any handouts. Copies of the PowerPoint and the PDFs will be available prior to the session upon request
We will work towards creating an accessible workshop so that you don’t have to disclose any different abilities or disabilities. If you have any specific accommodations you’d like us to provide, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.