2022 Lead with Pride Organizing Committee Member Position Description
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Lead with Pride is a 2SLGBTQ+ student leadership conference organized by a team of students and staff that brings 2SLGBTQ+ students together to learn about leadership and community building on University of Toronto campuses and beyond.
Lead with Pride began in 2009 as an opportunity for student leaders to gain skills to make a positive impact on the University of Toronto. Today, the conference has grown and adapted to become a series that is aimed at supporting current students in strengthening their skills and knowledge as leaders in a range of contexts, as well as expanding and diversifying 2SLGBTQ+ student leadership at U of T.
Lead with Pride is organized by a team of student volunteers led by the two (2) Lead with Pride Co-Chairs and one (1) staff member at the U of T Sexual & Gender Diversity Office. The committee will have up to 10 members.
The Lead with Pride Organizing Committee members will support the planning and organizing of the Lead with Pride events in late October-November 2022. The Committee members will work with the Co-Chairs and the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office in the areas of logistics, program/workshop ideas, social media promotion, budgeting and other necessary aspects.
We are seeking students to fill the following roles:
- Social Media & Graphic Design Coordinators (2)
- Coordinates design of graphics, scheduling and posting to social media, engagement and promotion of conference to recruit attendees
- Resources Coordinator
- Coordinates sponsorship requirements, organizes and coordinates resources (food, supplies) according to budget
- Operations Coordinators (2)
- Coordinates the internal and external logistics of conference planning and execution. Includes scheduling and programming, setting up Zoom with Workshop Coordinators, and any space or room bookings
- Workshop Coordinator
- Designs and promotes workshop callouts, corresponds with workshop facilitators to determine facilitation needs
The Lead with Pride Organizing Committee members will work to support the Lead with Pride conference taking place on the October 28-30, 2022 weekend and engage student leaders across all three campuses. This is a volunteer student leadership position with the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office. Approximate time commitment will be up to 10 hours/month (July 2022 – November 2022). Organizing Committee members must be available for weekly and bi-weekly planning meetings on Thursdays at 5pm-6pm (starting July 28-end of August). Evening and weekend work may be necessary. This position will be recorded on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office is committed to prioritizing U of T’s equity principles in all aspects of our programming and services. Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
- Attend weekly and bi-weekly Lead with Pride planning meetings (July 2022 – November 2022)
- Support the planning and organizing of the Lead with Pride conference with at least one of the following:
- Generating ideas/strategies to recruit program attendees and promote the conference on social media/in person
- Promoting workshop callouts, keeping up correspondence with conference workshop facilitators
- Leading the operations for the conference, such as logistics, program, itineraries
- Tracking conference budget and other resources, such as materials
- Supporting Lead with Pride in building partnerships with U of T community and external facilitators
- Exploring collaboration and outreach opportunities with a specific prioritization of students whose identities are often marginalized within and outside of 2SLGBTQ+ communities
- Contributing to an inclusive conference environment that caters to the unique needs of the diverse 2SLGBTQ+ student communities across U of T campuses
- An engaged student who has lived experience and demonstrated and leadership around 2SLGBTQ+ issues
- Work or volunteer experience in at least one of the following:
- Event organizing
- Conference planning
- Student or volunteer engagement, support, and/or coordination
- Community organizing and outreach
- Social media and graphic design
- In-person event promotion
- Ability to work independently as well as on teams and committees
- An interest in expanding personal knowledge of leadership and sexual and gender diversity
- Student must be available to meet for Lead with Pride planning meetings (weekly July-August 2022 and biweekly Sept-Nov 2022) on Thursdays at 5-6pm.
- Weekend and evening work may be needed
- Previous experience on the Lead with Pride Organizing Committee and/or attending Lead with Pride is an asset
Lead with Pride 2022 is proudly sponsored by U of T affinity partners:
Discover the benefits of affinity products: http://affinity.utoronto.ca/