The Canadian Association for the Prevention of Discrimination and Harassment in Higher Education (CAPDHHE) / L’association canadienne pour la prévention de la discrimination et du harcèlement en milieu d’enseignement supérieur (ACPDHMES) is calling for presenters for the 2015 CAPDHHE/ACPDHMES Conference.
Conference Theme: Human Rights & Equity: Who’s in? Who’s out?
Date: May 20-22, 2015
Location: Eaton Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, Ontario
Deadline for Proposal Submission: December 2, 2014
The 2015 CAPDHHE Conference will examine the shifting landscapes of human rights work in the postsecondary sector. The questions of who’s included and who’s left out of equity and diversity priorities will be explored by human rights practitioners in Canada and beyond. The 2015 Conference will examine the effects of inequality for all people, highlighting the intersections and the impacts on racialized and Aboriginal peoples studying and working in higher education.
This year’s conference will be centered on three unique streams:
1. Institutional Change, addressing best practices and new strategies for advocacy within the postsecondary sector;
2. Activism and Communities, exploring emerging social justice movements and key strategies to support diverse communities; and
3. Critical Conversations, where delegates will come together to ask pertinent questions and engage in discussions critical to building more equitable learning, working and living campus environments.
• For complete details the conference and how to submit a proposal, visit the 2015 CAPDHHE Conference Website
• Click here to submit an online proposal to the 2015 CAPDHHE Conference
• Deadline for proposal submission: December 2, 2014
If you have any questions, require the proposal form in an alternative format or would like further clarification as you develop your proposal, please contact: Nancy Simms at email@example.com or Scott Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The U of T Sexual & Gender Diversity Office is proud to be working with the UTM Equity & Diversity Officer, the UTSC Equity & Diversity Officer and a committee of staff from various post-secondary educational institutions to organize the 2015 CAPDHHE/ACPDHMES Conference. Please contact the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office if you have any questions about the upcoming CAPDHHE Conference.