Application Deadline: Friday, August 25, 2016 at 12:00 pm (noon)
Work-Study Term: 2017 – 2018 Fall & Winter
Campus Location: St. George
# of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: 09/07/2016
End Date: 02/23/2017
Maximum Hours Per Week: 12
Minimum Degree/Credential Level: None
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office is hiring a Programming & Events Assistant for the 2017-18 academic year. The Work Study position is open to all registered undergraduate and graduate students (i.e. domestic and international students). Students must be registered in at least 40% of a full course load (2.0 credits from September to April) for the program duration – no course load averaging is permitted. Eligible students are able to work a maximum of 12 hours per week, up to a total of 180 hours between September 7, 2017 and February 23, 2018. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. Apply today!
We’re hiring: Two (2) Programming & Events Assistant (St. George Campus)
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office (SGDO) is the University of Toronto’s tri-campus resource for LGBTQ communities and information. As a part of the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office, you will work with students and staff members and play an active role in our programming initiatives. The ideal student for this position would be committed to furthering their skills in community building, discussion facilitation and event administration by working on LGBTQ and equity initiatives at the University of Toronto, with a particular interest in building inclusive spaces for LGBTQ international students.
- Organize, promote and facilitate two LGBTQ International Students events per semester (four total)
- Collaborate with the rest of the work-study student team to plan at least one social event per semester
- Support the coordination of Lead with Pride, the annual LGBTQ student leadership conference
- Outreach and support for other events and office programs, as needed
- An engaged student who is passionate about LGBTQ issues
- Work or volunteer experience in at least one of the following:
- Event organizing
- Discussion facilitation
- Community building
- Student and university community outreach and promotions
- Ability to work independently as well as on teams and committees
- An interest in expanding personal knowledge of sexual and gender diversity issues at U of T
- An active contributor to address the needs of our communities through outreach and programming
- Some weekend and evening shifts are required as well as some travel to UTSC and UTM campuses
Applications are due by Friday, August 25 at 12 pm (noon). Please attach a cover letter with your résumé, outlining relevant experiences and why you want to work with the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office.
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office is committed to prioritizing U of T’s equity principles in all aspects of our programming and services. We encourage students to apply for this position who will assist in expanding and diversifying LGBTQ student involvement at U of T. The Program Assistant will be a part of our team from September 7, 2017 to February 23, 2018. Work Study employees are paid bi-weekly equal to the minimum wage plus 4% vacation pay. The maximum hours of work are 12 hours per week and 180 hours for the Fall Winter term ***Hours & Wage are pending changes based on new minimum wage requirements***
Maximum hours: 180 hours overall. Approximately 5-12 hours per week, based on our work and your availability. For more information on work-study: http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/financial-aid/work-study-program/
Submit your cover letter and résumé through the Career Learning Network Application module.