The 2016 Queer Orientation week is almost here and this year, QO is celebrating its 10th anniversary!
Queer Orientation (QO) is an annual week of LGBTQ-focused programming across all three campuses of U of T during the month of September. Queer Orientation is an opportunity for new and returning students, staff and faculty to make connections, engage in activities and have discussions related to LGBTQ+ communities. For its 10th anniversary, Queer Orientation has a whopping total of 47 events organized by 35 different U of T departments/ clubs/ groups from September 22nd to 30th! There is a wide variety of activities and everyone is welcome to attend!
Queer Orientation Promotional Materials:
Queer Orientation posters and info cards are available for pickup at the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office, the UTM Equity & Diversity Office and the UTSC Equity & Diversity Office. Contact any of these offices to arrange a pickup time!
We also have digital promotional materials such as a Queer Orientation Facebook banner, display picture and logo (which you could include in any additional promotional materials). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get these digital promotional materials.
Reminder for Groups Hosting Queer Orientation Events:
Please be sure to send us updated information for your QO event by Friday, August 26th so that we can include this in our online promotions. Be sure to include: a description of your event, the location of your event, any costs associated to your event, any relevant accessibility information for your event space (e.g. ASL, wheelchair and scooter accessibility, etc.).
2016 QUEER ORIENTATION TRI-CAMPUS SCHEDULE
Check out all three campuses! Students, staff and faculty are invited to attend any event of interest on any campus. Contact the event organizer or an LGBTQ+ club on your campus for directions and to see if a group is travelling together.
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO MISSISSAUGA CAMPUS
- Thursday, September 22, 6:00 – 9:00 pm: Meet & Greet
- Friday, September 23, 5:00 – 7:00 pm: Sexy Bingo
- Monday, September 26, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Arts & Crafts Night
- Tuesday, September 27, 2:00 – 5:00 pm: Trans Space
- Wednesday, September 28, 6:00 – 9:00 pm: Queer at Work
- Thursday, September 29, 12:00 – 1:30 pm: Positive Space Mix & Mingle
- Thursday, September 29, 4:00 – 5:00 pm: Queer & Trans Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (QTBIPOC) Gathering
- Thursday, September 29, 5:00 – 6:00 pm: Zumba Fitness
- Friday, September 30, 12:00 – 6:00 pm: Queer Block Party
- Friday, September 30, 1:00 – 3:00 pm: Positive Space Film Screening
- Friday, September 30, 7:00 – 10:00 pm: Nightcrawl
Please stay tuned for a full-listing of Queer Orientation events.