Happy Pride 2016!
Toronto Pride is one of the largest Pride celebrations in the world. At U of T, we take this opportunity to recognize the rich history of the University of Toronto’s leadership in LGBTQ community building and campus life.
Each year, the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office collaborates with students, staff and faculty to host the University of Toronto’s contingent in the annual Pride Parade, as well as a number of other events during Pride.
All staff, students and faculty are welcome to attend any of the events listed below.
Please note that event details are still being finalized and this list will be updated soon. If you are planning a Pride event at U of T and would like to add it to this list, please send event details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pride Events at U of T:
- June 7: Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education Pride Flag Raising (11 am – 12 pm)
- June 7: Queer U of T Employees (QUTE) Summer Social & Drop-In Lunch (12 pm – 2 pm)
- June 15: Orlando Memorial: An Act of Solidarity at St. George Campus (12 pm – 12:30 pm)
- June 15: Orlando Memorial: An Act of Solidarity at UTSC (12:30 – 1:15 pm)
- June 15: An Act of Solidarity: Pride Flags at UTM (All day)
- June 17: U of T Pride Pub (4 pm – 1 am)
- June 23: #Display Your Pride (All day)
- June 28: SGDO Pride T-Shirt Decorating Party (4 pm – 7 pm)
- June 29: UTSC Pride T-Shirt Decorating Party (12 pm – 2 pm)
- June 29: U of T Pride Picnic (1 pm – 5 pm)
U of T Participates in Pride Toronto Events:
- July 1: U of T Marches in the Trans March (7:30 pm – 9 pm)
- July 2: U of T joins the Pride and Remembrance Run (10 am)
- July 2: U of T Marches in the Dyke March (1:30 pm – 3 pm)
- July 3: U of T Marches in the Pride Parade (1:45 pm – 5 pm)