Online Counselling (email or live chat) and Face-to-Face Counselling Services for
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Family Problems
- School Issues
- Interpersonal Difficulties
- Substance / Alcohol / Drug Use
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office is proud to partner with Counseline to provide a new stream of LGTBQ-focused counselling within this highly successful program at the University of Toronto.
Counseline an initiative by the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto Health and Wellness, St. George Campus and the Faculty of Arts and Science Undergraduate Colleges that is collaborating with the University of Toronto Sexual and Gender Diversity Office. Counseline offers face-to-face counselling and online counselling for Faculty of Arts and Science Colleges Undergraduates on the St. George Campus.*
* For all other students, you are encouraged to speak with a staff member at the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office about additional referrals for counselling support.
Note: Counseline is available to students throughout the Fall and Winter academic terms.
How students can see a Counseline Counsellor:
- 1) Students can call 416-946-5117 to leave a message to state that you are interested on this confidential phone line. Leave a message with your name, phone number and state that you are interested in “LGBTQ counselling”
- • After you leave a message, a staff person will follow up with you asking you brief questions to get a sense of what you are looking for and connect you with an appropriate counsellor
- • A counsellor will then follow up with you to arrange a first meeting in a confidential space on campus, or for online counselling that can be done from your home
- 2) Students are also able to be referred to the program by staff at the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office. If you are interested in this program or would like to speak with a staff member at the SGDO first, you are welcome to stop by the office, attend one of our events or email the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office.