The establishment of the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office is part of a long and ongoing history of work by students, staff and faculty committed to growing and fostering LGBTQ communities on campus. You can find some key dates that mark LGBTQ life at U of T on this page.
- Formation of the University of Toronto Homophile Association, Canada’s first university-based lesbian and gay organization (now LGBTOUT)
- Establishment of the first Positive Space Campaign
- Establishment of the Sexual Diversity Studies undergraduate program
- July 1: Creation of the The Office of LGBTQ Resources & Programs (now the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office)
- The Office of LGBTQ Resources & Programs is renamed: Sexual & Gender Diversity Office
The page is currently under development. If you have historical content suggestions, please contact the Sexual & Gender Diversity Office.