At the University of Toronto, we strive to be an equitable and inclusive community, rich with diversity, protecting the human rights of all persons, and based upon understanding and mutual respect for the dignity and worth of every person. We seek to ensure to the greatest extent possible that all students and employees enjoy the opportunity to participate as they see fit in the full range of activities that the University offers, and to achieve their full potential as members of the University community.
The University of Toronto’s Statement of Equity, Diversity and Excellence
At the University of Toronto, we believe that the diversity of our students, staff and faculty, reflecting as it does our local and global community, is a mark of quality and a source of strength.
We strive to cultivate a teaching, learning and working environment that is equitable, accepting, inclusive and free from discrimination and harassment.
Our equity offices assist faculty, staff and students with concerns and challenges related to their experiences at the University. Staff from the equity offices engage in outreach and education across all campuses and provide guidance on specific issues as they arise. Our officers’ work illustrates the University’s commitment to excellence, equity, diversity and human rights.
The Sexual & Gender Diversity Office (SGDO) is one of the many equity-related offices at the University of Toronto and works within the Human Resources & Equity portfolio.
Equity Offices and Resources at the University of Toronto
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Office (AODA)
- AccessAbility Resources Centre (UTM)
- Accessibility Services (St. George)
- AcessAbility Services (UTSC)
- Anti-Racism & Cultural Diversity Office
- Community Safety Office
- Director, Faculty & Academic Life
- Employment Equity Office
- Family Care Office
- First Nations House
- Health & Well-being Programs & Services (For Employees)
- Multi-Faith Centre
- Quality of Work Life Advisor
- Sexual Harassment Office
- Status of Women Issues Advisor
- UTM Equity & Diversity Office
- UTSC Equity & Diversity Office